CLEARWATER, FL — Anticipating an elevated demand for air journey, St. Petersburg-Clearwater Worldwide Airport has employed and skilled further employees for the busy Fourth of July weekend.
Listed here are some suggestions for individuals who plan to fly this weekend:
- Think about getting a trip to PIE. The airport expects its long-term parking and economic system tons to fill to capability and can be directing automobiles to park in an overflow lot when these are full.
- A complimentary shuttle can be supplied between the economic system tons and the terminal. The Key Lime Financial system Lot is the first economic system lot and the Strawberry PIE Lot can be obtainable as wanted and accepts credit score and debit playing cards solely when exiting. No in a single day parking is allowed in short-term parking. For parking information and maps, verify here.
- Lively loading and unloading is allowed solely at curbside in entrance of the terminal. A free cellular phone lot is obtainable to await your get together when they’re curbside with their baggage.
- The Florida Division of Transportation Gateway Specific Challenge is underneath building on the roadways surrounding the airport. Permit journey time and verify updates here.
- Extra data, together with a terminal map, parking map and airline web sites are situated on the PIE website.
- Plan to reach two hours earlier than your scheduled flight departure time and verify departure gate. PIE has two separate gate areas, 2-6 and 7-11, that aren’t related, so be sure to are at your right gate half-hour earlier than the flight is able to board. Examine with the airline for carry-on baggage necessities and sizes. For Transportation Safety Administration journey suggestions, click on here.
- Pack sensible. Begin with empty luggage. Airline passengers who pack for journey with empty luggage are much less prone to carry prohibited gadgets by a TSA checkpoint. Examine for prohibited gadgets by utilizing the “What Can I Convey?” web page on the TSA website.
- Know earlier than you go. Plan to reach on the airport in loads of time to verify in, verify luggage and full safety screening in time to keep away from hectic sprints to the departure gate. On the TSA checkpoint, have a sound ID card available and comply with the liquids rule of three.4 ounces or much less, aside from hand sanitizer, which has a brief 12-ounce restrict in carry-on baggage.
- Contact the TSA for assist if there are questions or considerations. Those that are making ready to journey and should have particular circumstances, issues or normal questions on airport screening can get stay help by tweeting questions and feedback to @AskTSA or by way of Fb Messenger, weekdays from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. and on weekends/holidays from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. It’s also possible to name the TSA Contact Middle at 866-289-9673.
- TSA additionally affords TSA Cares, a helpline for vacationers with disabilities, medical circumstances and different particular circumstances. It’s possible you’ll submit a request for help by calling TSA Cares at 855-787-2227, weekdays from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m., and on weekends/holidays from 9 a.m. to eight p.m. TSA Cares is open three hundred and sixty five days a yr. Passengers might also use the TSA Cares kind obtainable on the TSA website.
- Enroll now in TSA PreCheck® to “Travel with Ease.” By enrolling in TSA PreCheck, airline passengers can keep away from eradicating footwear, belts, liquids, meals, laptops and lightweight jackets on the TSA checkpoint. Most new enrollees obtain their recognized traveler quantity inside 5 days, and membership lasts for 5 years. Nationally in April, 94 % of TSA PreCheck passengers waited lower than 5 minutes on the checkpoint. At PIE, it’s one hundred pc.
- Face masks are elective however really useful. The Facilities for Illness Management and Prevention recommends face masks for passengers ages 2 and older in indoor areas of public transportation and transportation hubs as an efficient precaution for individuals who search to keep away from publicity to COVID-19 in higher-risk public areas. The CDC has well being suggestions for home journey throughout COVID-19 and worldwide journey on its website.