Monday, June 27, 2022 8:00 AM
The Freeway 91/17 Improve Mission is nearing a milestone with two new interchanges opening this summer time.
These interchanges will present time financial savings and higher security for native and business automobile visitors south of the Fraser River.
The primary to open would be the interchange at Freeway 91C and Nordel Method in early July. Along with bettering the motion of products by means of the province, native advantages of this interchange embrace:
- higher connectivity by means of Delta with a mixture of recent direct-access roads and extra turning lanes;
- free-flow visitors in each instructions alongside Freeway 91C and the connection to Nordel Method with the removing of 1 visitors sign; and
- improved entry to and from the Nordel Weigh Scale/business automobile inspection station and truck-parking space.
The interchange at Freeway 17 and Freeway 91 Connector (Sunbury) is predicted to open this summer time. Key advantages of this interchange embrace:
- higher connections between the Freeway 91 Connector and Freeway 17, eliminating the necessity for an at-grade rail crossing to entry the freeway; and
- improved security and travel-time reliability with the removing of the present intersection with a visitors sign.
Numerous lane closures might be in impact whereas crews work to finish the 2 intersections. Site visitors delays are anticipated, and travellers are requested to observe indicators and obey posted pace limits. Updates might be out there on-line at DriveBC.ca and on Twitter at @DriveBC.
The $260-million Freeway 91/17 and Deltaport Method Improve Mission was designed to enhance street security and assist rising financial and commerce growth.
Funding companions embrace the Authorities of Canada, by means of the Nationwide Infrastructure part of the New Constructing Canada Fund, the Province of British Columbia and the Vancouver Fraser Port Authority.
The $5.2-million 27B Avenue upgrades part of this undertaking is full. It was funded by the Tsawwassen First Nation.
The Freeway 91/17 and Deltaport Method Improve Mission is being managed by the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure, and is on monitor for substantial completion in fall 2022.
Freeway 91/17 Deltaport Method Mission: http://www.gov.bc.ca/highway91-17-deltaport
For extra details about federal infrastructure funding, go to: http://www.infrastructure.gc.ca
For essentially the most up-to-date freeway journey data, go to: www.DriveBC.ca
Or @DriveBC on Twitter.