HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WAFF) – Memorial Day weekend is the unofficial begin of Summer season. Summer season is supposed for journey, however don’t let your cash soften away throughout your journey.
WAFF talked with LeJuan George at Redstone Federal Credit score Union. He supplied these 5 suggestions for saving whereas nonetheless having fun with the journey and the vacation spot.
- Pack gentle: Most airways cost for checked luggage, so hold your baggage gentle. Deliver solely a carry-on. You’ll pace up the check-in and arrival processes and begin your summer time enjoyable sooner. Bear in mind to assessment the airline’s coverage for baggage weight and dimensions to keep away from sudden delays or charges.
- Use surcharge-free ATMs: Redstone offers you entry to surcharge-free ATMs throughout the globe. Go to redfcu.org/location to search out one close to you.
- Plan forward: In case you’re planning on a highway journey, schedule a routine checkup to your car earlier than heading out. Taking precautions helps you keep away from a roadside breakdown. You don’t wish to spend your trip, finances, or time in a restore store!
- Discover the free stuff: Chances are you’ll be shocked what number of free, enjoyable actions you could find with a fast Google™ search. Search for “free actions” the place you’re vacationing.
- Restrict restaurant meals: Select one meal every day to get pleasure from at a restaurant and buy the remainder of your meals at an area grocery retailer. At a lodge, reap the benefits of any complimentary breakfast objects and snacks. In case you’re driving, pack meals in a cooler.
Backside Line: With a bit of forethought, it can save you on bills whereas savoring summer time.
For extra methods to avoid wasting, remember to tune in at midday each Friday for WAFF 48′s “Monetary Friday” phase.
Copyright 2022 WAFF. All rights reserved.