Disney has been making headlines previously couple of months in a high-profile clash with Florida Governor Ron DeSantis over the so-called “Don’t Say Homosexual” legislation—however you’d by no means understand it on a go to to Walt Disney World Resort theme park in Florida. This yr, the Most Magical Place On Earth has been pulling out all of the stops for its fiftieth anniversary, dubbed “The World’s Most Magical Celebration.” From Walt Disney World tickets to the news on Genie+, right here’s what you must know when you’re heading to Disney World proper now.
1. Park attendance is being managed. After Disney World closed quickly in 2020 because of the pandemic, it reopened with a brand new Park Pass reservation system to assist management capability. Now, visitors should have park admission, in addition to a reservation. One pandemic-era change for the higher: Disney World is working at decreased capability and according to an exec, this isn’t prone to change any time quickly, if ever.
2. Face masks at the moment are non-obligatory. In April, Disney made face coverings optional indoors, outdoor and on park transportation like buses and monorails (although vaccinations are inspired). Pandemic-era additions like temperature checks and plexiglass partitions on rides at the moment are a factor of the previous.
3. There’s a brand new Genie on the town. Walt Disney World has launched a brand new Genie program within the My Disney Expertise app to assist visitors navigate the theme parks. The free digital service guides you thru the theme parks with ideas that may enable you to cut back time in traces.
4. Or go for Genie+. Wish to get via the parks even sooner? The brand new Disney Genie+ enables you to bypass common traces and enter the Lightning Lane—which was beforehand generally known as the FastPass line—at choose rides by paying $15 a day, plus a further payment for high-demand rides. Or get a bounce on the motion by staying at a Disney Resort Lodge. Friends could make their first Lightning Lane buy beginning at 7 a.m. on the day of their go to versus visitors staying off property, who’ve to attend till the parks open.
5. Character meet-and-greets are again. Wish to give Mickey a hug? As of April, character meet-and-greets have began to return in phases.
6. Nighttime spectaculars are again, too. Within the Magic Kingdom, Cinderella Citadel is the backdrop for a stunning new fiftieth anniversary “Disney Enchantment” fireworks and lighting projection present. One other new present in honor of the massive celebration: Epcot’s “Harmonious,” which features a spectacular mild projection on Spaceship Earth, the geodesic sphere that’s the centerpiece of the park.
7. New rides. Prepare for thrill rides like Remy’s Ratatouille Journey (a reimagining of Paris impressed by the movie) and TRON Lightcycle Run Roller Coaster (projected to open within the Magic Kingdom’s Tomorrowland within the fall). The largest information is the Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind coaster, which simply opened at Epcot and is among the largest fully-enclosed coasters on this planet, with automobiles that spin 360 levels.
8. Thrilling new eating places. From La Crêperie de Paris in Epcot to Area 220, a Area Station-themed restaurant at Epcot, you’re going to eat very properly. Professional-tip: If all of the fine-dining eating places within the parks are full, head to the brand new Steakhouse 71, a classy steak spot on the Up to date Resort, only a brief Monorail trip from the Magic Kingdom.
9. Cinderella Citadel—extra magical than ever. Within the Magic Kingdom, Cinderella Citadel has had a fiftieth anniversary refresh that features gold bunting and different enhancements impressed by the artwork of Disney legend Mary Blair.
10. Star Wars—the lodge. On the lodge entrance, the massive information is the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser, which welcomes visitors for immersive, all-inclusive two-night adventures that embrace secret missions, character bonding and intergalactic delicacies. It’s not low cost, nevertheless it’s like being in a galaxy far, distant.
11. Additional hours. Disney has two new methods to max out your enjoyable. Early Theme Park Entry permits folks staying at Disney Resort Resorts and a few choose different resorts to enter any park half-hour earlier than opening. After which there are Extended Evening Theme Park Hours for visitors at Deluxe Resorts, Deluxe Villas (Disney Trip Membership models) and different choose resorts.
12. And that’s not all, of us. Past all the massive information above, you’ll discover particular touches large and small, from fiftieth anniversary branded Keurig espresso pods in lodge rooms to pop-up parades all through the parks.