As we speak’s column is delivered to you from Fallon, Nev. By the point you learn this, my husband and I shall be again in Southwest Washington, however the precise writing is happening on the street. We’re on our method again from a street journey to Nevada to wrap up particulars reguarding my dad and mom’ property. A bittersweet journey to make certain.
It seems that Could is an ideal month to journey from Washington to Nevada. Spring remains to be evident wherever we go, and the excessive warmth of the desert hasn’t fairly hit (though it was 100 levels in Las Vegas whereas we have been there – not so unhealthy for Las Vegas residents however fairly scorching for anybody from the Northwest). Nonetheless, our vehicle journey has been one other memorable chapter within the Johnston family.
To honor Nationwide Highway Journey Day (which occurs to happen on Could 27), I wish to level out a small choice of street journey themed titles which might be accessible on the library. There are numerous journey guides within the assortment, in each print and digital codecs, in addition to books and DVDs celebrating the human want for wanderlust. Regardless of the itinerary — a weekend on the seaside, a Southwest street journey, a Caribbean cruise — the library can act as a bibliographic journey agent.
On the street once more / Simply can’t wait to get on the street once more – Willie Nelson
- “Horatio’s Drive: America’s First Highway Journey” (DVD) by PBS Residence Video.
- “Moon Drive & Hike Pacific Crest Path: The Greatest Path Cities, Day Hikes, and Highway Journeys in Between” by Caroline Hinchliff.
- “The Open Highway: 50 Greatest Highway Journeys within the USA: From Weekend Getaways to Cross-Nation Adventures” by Jessica Dunham.
- “Pacific Coasting” by Danielle Kroll.
- “Highway Journey USA: Cross-Nation Adventures on America’s Two-Lane Highways” by Jamie Jensen.
- “Washington Day Journeys by Theme” by Ellie Kozlowski.