It’s no extra information that for some months, Nigerians can’t journey to Dubai instantly from Nigeria. This due to the problems between Emirate Airline, the Nigerian and the UAE authorities.
In the previous couple of months, travelling to Dubai from Nigeria which was very straightforward has rapidly develop into a nightmare. To go on this journey, you’ll have to undergo different nations and one of many best being Ghana and the Republic of Benin. It’s because the 2 nations are our closest neighbours.
I’ve learn a number of tales about totally different points folks have had within the Republic of Benin and Ghana. One of many standard tales was shared by Derende right here https://www.nairaland.com/6544747/30-days-sojourn-through-cotonou
Typically this month, A consumer contacted me to assist him course of a 3 months Dubai visa and in addition to plan his itinerary to Dubai through Benin republic. I processed the Dubai visa, booked the flight, then we headed straight to the Republic of Benin.
To chop an extended story quick, on his journey date, we obtained to Cotonou Cadjehoun Airport. The Benin Airport is much less rowdy, much less congested and looking out nicely maintained. That was after I obtained the shocks of my life. Firstly, the vast majority of the folks going to Dubai from the Cotonou Cadjehoun Airport had been Nigerians.
As we had been driving into the automobile park, I notice most people doing bureau de change are Nigerians. We modified some cash and headed straight to the departure.
I met a lot of Nigerians on the ready space. You’ll virtually suppose it’s one other department of Murtala Muhammed Worldwide airport positioned in Lagos. Then the worst occurred, as we had been heading in, we noticed 4 Nigerians popping out, at first I believed they had been coming again. Solely to get to the queue and we had been informed they had been denied boarding. I obtained extra curious, on additional investigation, I later obtained to know that they backdated the date they obtained in, not figuring out that The republic of Benin had modified their stamp. Unlucky for them, they backdated with the brand new stamp.
Whereas on the Airport, I additionally noticed one other Nigerian who was arrested on the airport as a result of he was attempting to board with a faux visa. I can’t imagine somebody would attempt to do this. I feel the particular person he paid gave him a faux visa. He obtained locked up for some days. That is actually painful.
Then the final set of Nigerians that had been rejected both have broken passports or Worldwide passport with an image that isn’t clear. The final units of Nigerians that obtained denied had been individuals who obtained late to the checking level.
Listed here are the most important the reason why you may get denied boarding on the Cotonou Airport.
Also Read Understanding the Nigerian and the Benin Republic Currency
Causes Why Individuals Have been Rejected
- Broken passport: Any passport with stains, an image that isn’t clear, broken on any a part of the information web page is computerized rejection. Please keep away from any type of harm to your passport. Most people had been travelling with the identical passport in Nigeria with none concern. Somebody mentioned they’re doing it to frustrate Nigerians. LOL this I cant confirm but.
- Faux visa: Please at all times attempt to verify the validity of your passport.
- Faux stamp: Please make sure you at all times stamp on the border, don’t pay touts to stamp for you.
- Backdated stamp: YOu are imagined to spend 2 weeks minimal on the Cotonou Airport earlier than you’re allowed to journey.
- Expired covid 19 check: Please make sure you do your Covid 19 check on time so you will get the end result on time.
Issues to notice when visiting Dubai by the Republic of Benin
1. you could spend a minimal of two weeks within the Republic of Benin
2. To be on the protected facet, Be sure you stamp in Seme border fairly than Idiroko border, I heard so many individuals are having points at Idiroko once they arrive in Dubai.
3. Affirm your Visa validity on-line.
4. Get to the airport at the least three hours earlier than your flight
5. Do a VIP covid 19 check. You’ll get your end result the identical day.
6. If you will get an agent that’s conversant in the route that can assist you out. It’s going to prevent a lot of cash in the long term.
7. Keep in a resort that isn’t removed from the airport
8. Get conversant in the terrain and an English talking cab driver. It’s going to prevent a lot of headache.
Please make sure you comply with all Covid 19 protocols, please attempt to do the correct factor as a result of as soon as you’re caught they’ll make sure you face the regulation. Have you ever had the same expertise? Please share under.