Travelling to Benin Republic From Nigeria – All You Must Know
In case you are planning to go to the Republic of Benin from Nigeria, this publish is for you. It can cowl every little thing it’s essential learn about crossing one of many busiest borders in West Africa. It can additionally cowl the price, the place to remain, locations to go to and so on. The Benin republic/Nigeria border is in a city referred to as Seme. The Nigeria Benin border is popularly referred to as the Seme Border.
In regards to the Republic of Benin
The Republic of Benin is without doubt one of the many nations that share a border with Nigeria. Different nations that share a border with Nigeria embrace Chad, Cameroun and Niger Republic. Benin Republic shares a border with Nigeria at Seme in Lagos State and round Idi Iroko in Ogun. Seme is a couple of minutes drive from Badagry. The nation was previously referred to as Dahomey. It was, nevertheless, renamed Benin in 1975.
The Capital of Benin Republic is in Port Novo. Nonetheless, the most well-liked metropolis in Benin Republic is Cotonou. Additionally it is the financial capital of Benin Republic. The nation was colonized by France. It acquired its independence on August 1, 1960. The official language of the Republic of Benin is French.
The Republic of Benin is residence to pristine seashores, sturdy tradition, wildlife, and exquisite vacationer points of interest.
Necessities For visiting Benin Republic from Nigeria
For Nigerians planning on visiting Benin Republic, the next are the necessities:
- Nigerian Passport: Nigerians visiting Benin Republic should current their Worldwide Passport on the border. The Nigerian Worldwide Passports is a doc issued by the Nigerian Immigration Service.
- The Yellow Fever Card: The second requirement is the yellow Fever card. This yellow card is proof that you’ve got acquired a dose of the yellow fever vaccine. The cardboard can also be for maintaining data of vaccines required to go to different nations. You possibly can solely journey after ten days of getting the dose.
Additionally Learn: How to Get A Yellow Fever Card
Vaccines To Take Earlier than Visiting Benin Republic
Make sure you take these two vaccines earlier than you go to Benin republic. If you don’t, you’ll have points with the Port well being on the border. Whenever you go for the yellow fever vaccine, make sure you ask them for Meningitis too. They may in all probability repair one other date for that. These are the 2 primary vaccines it’s essential take earlier than visiting Benin Republic.
- Yellow fever vaccine: This vaccine is to guard you in opposition to yellow fever
- Meningitis Vaccines:
French is the official language. The opposite languages embrace Yoruba, Fon and a Gbe languages. These are the indigenous languages of the Republic of Benin. They’re all thought of nationwide languages.
The official foreign money of the Republic of Benin is Cefa, it’s also referred to as the West African CFA Franc. It comes within the following denomination.
Cash 1, 5, 10, 25, 50, 100, 200
Notes: 500, 1000, 2000, 5000, 10,000, 20000
Learn how to Get To the Republic of Benin By means of Seme Border
In case you are in search of stress-free entry. You may get a direct bus to the Republic of Benin from Lagos. These are some main transport firms that go to Benin Republic Efex, ABC transport, Chisco Group Transport and so on. They may deal with the border protocols, the stamping and so on. They provide air-conditioned buses.
Nonetheless, in case you are on a low finances or an adventurer like me, you may determine to do the stamping by yourself.
From Ikeja board a bus to Egbeda – 200 to 300 Naira
At Egbeda board one other bus to Iyana Iba – 300 Naira
From Iyana Iba board a bus or automotive to Badagry – 500 to 700 Naira
When you get to Badagry, get a bus going to Seme. Inform the driving force you’ll cease on the border. Please word they could scare you that stamping is difficult, don’t thoughts them. Simply ignore and inform them to cease you on the border.
On the border, simply stroll straight into the complicated. Ask for the place to stamp, and do it your self.
When you stamp your passport, you’ll undergo one other set of routine checks by Port Well being who will ask in your yellow fever card.
Then one other routine test by the NDLEA and customs.
Relying on the place you’re coming from, in case you are coming from the mainland round Ikeja and environs, you may undergo Egbada, Iyana Iba axis. In case you are coming from Oshodi, you might have to undergo Mile
Crossing to the Seme Border
On the park, the driving force might attempt to cost you to cross the border, simply inform them to cease you on the border you’ll deal with the border protocols your self.
As soon as you’re approaching the border’s small gate, flash your Passport, it will grant you entry into the premises and generally it’s possible you’ll get questioned by the Immigration officers on obligation. You possibly can transfer to the purpose the place you may stamp your passport.
To stamp your passport, you’ll be requested pay some cash. Properly this shouldn’t be the case however it’s what it’s.
For virgin passports, you’ll pay 1,000 or extra relying in your negotiation energy and for already stamped passports, you’ll pay 500 Naira.
As soon as your passports have been stamped,
You’ll undergo the Port well being who will ask in your yellow fever card, then the customs who may even attempt to test your baggage, then the NDLEA who may even test for medication and different forbidden substances,
As soon as you’re clear, you’ll transfer to the Benin aspect the place you’ll undergo one other test.
Ideas Whenever you get to Benin
- Perceive the Nation: The very first thing you must do is to grasp the nation, their foreign money, change charges and so on. You must also know some primary legal guidelines of the nation. Additionally, you must familiarise your self with among the beliefs and tradition.
- Change your cash from naira to Cefa: The very first thing you must do is to vary from Naira to Cefa. Please don’t depend on your ATM card. It could not work there on account of CBN restrictions.
- Maintain Your Transport Fare: As a rule, guarantee you will have the transport that can take you from the border to your own home saved individually. That is to keep away from spending your transport fare while you journey.
Please preserve your transport fare separate out of your different cash.
- Get a SIM card: Nigerian networks don’t work over there until you roam them. Nonetheless, the community firm will excessively while you make and obtain calls. Due to this fact it’s possible you’ll have to get a Benin SIM card. I’ll recommend both MTN or Airtel. When you get that, you may load it up and activate web connections, it will prevent plenty of stress.
- Get a Common Adapter: they use a special type of socket completely different from those we now have right here. It’s worthwhile to get a common adapter that can assist you to plug in your gadget. This is essential, it could be troublesome getting one when you step out of the border.
- Get an English talking driver: Search for an English talking driver to take you to your vacation spot. This can assist you with the language barrier. If you will take one other bus after attending to your vacation spot, you might also inform the driving force that can assist you out.
- Be taught primary Vocabulary: It’s best to study primary vocabulary like bonjour(good morning), Bonsoir (good night), Anglais (English). And many others
Issues to Do at Benin Republic
- Benefit from the Avenue Meals: The very first thing you’ll discover while you go to Benin is the presence of avenue meals distributors in all places. Avenue meals is standard right here. Get adventurous and have a style of the road meals.
- Go to the Python Temple: The temple of the pythons has grow to be one of many main vacationer points of interest in Benin Republic.
- The Slave Route: That is the journey to the unique slave route in Benin. You additionally get to see the door of no return. It’s the place the place slaves are shipped to Europe and different unknown locations, by no means to return once more.
- Go to the Nationwide Park: Benin Republic has a wealthy nature and wildlife expertise. A go to to the Nationwide parks will blow your thoughts.
- Attend a Competition: The nation has a wealthy cultural heritage, you must attend certainly one of its cultural festivals.
- Go to the Seaside: Benin Republic is a coastal nation with completely different seashores. Benefit from the blue skies, the pristine seashore sand and the beauties of its stunning seashores.
The Price of Visiting Benin Republic
Transport to Badagry Between 1,000 to 2,000 (is dependent upon the place you keep in Lagos)
From Badagry to Seme 500 to 1,500 (Is determined by whether or not you utilize a bus, automotive or bike)
Crossing on the Border (between 1,000 and a pair of,500) is dependent upon your negotiation energy and in case you are utilizing a virgin passport or an already stamped one
From Seme to Cotonou (1500 to 2,500)
Whole – Between 4,500 and seven,000
Inns In Benin Republic
Inns are reasonably priced in Benin Republic, the price of a typical lodge in Benin varies from 6,000 Naira per night time to fifteen,000. Although there are costlier ones between 20,000 to 150,000 per night time.
Inns in Benin Republic
- Le Jardin Secret
- Diaspora Auberge
- Resort Dk
- Auberge de Grand Popo
- Resort La Casa Cielo
- Resort de la Diaspora
Vacationer Sights in Benin Republic
- There are such a lot of vacationer points of interest in Benin Republic
- Zinsou Basis Museum
- Pythons Temple
- Slave Street
- Bab’s Dock
- Grand Popo
- Fidjirosse Seaside
- The Cotonou Littoral Monument
Variations Between Nigeria and Benin republic
Roads: Benin republic has much better roads than Nigeria can ever think about. All the foremost freeway are tarred. All through my keep, I didn’t encounter a single pothole within the locations I visited. This isn’t an exaggeration, all the foremost highways are tarred.
Facilities: They’ve primary facilities like good roads, avenue gentle, water and so on.
Improvement: When it comes to growth, Nigeria is way extra developed than the Republic of Benin. It’s uncommon to see a brand new main development across the metropolis.
Information: Web Information is fairly costly right here within the Republic of Benin in comparison with Nigeria.
Street indicators: There are street indicators on each avenue, each freeway.
Driving: Driving right here is just too sane that I used to be virtually freaking out. LOL.
Vehicles: There are extra unique vehicles in Nigeria than within the Republic of Benin. I hardly see the most recent vehicles round.
Transportation: Many of the residents personal bikes, bikes are one of many standard technique of transportation on this nation. Additionally it is quite common to see ladies driving bikes.