In your subsequent journey to Spain, there are many belongings you would possibly need to do. One thing that you just don’t need to miss is a go to to Sagrada Familia basilica.
Whether or not you’re spiritual or not, it’s an architectural masterpiece and well-known landmark within the coronary heart of Barcelona that’s visited by round 5 million vacationers yearly.
However don’t let the prospect of enormous queues maintain you from visiting! For those who weren’t satisfied earlier than, right here’s how why you might want to go to Sagrada Familia in your subsequent vacation to Spain.
See additionally: The Best Tourist Attractions in Barcelona
The Historical past of Sagrada Familia
Whereas Gaudi is essentially the most well-known title behind the Sagrada Familia towers, 9 architects have taken on the mission since his demise, and it’s nonetheless incomplete at present.
In case you didn’t know, Gaudi was a devoted Catholic, and he was notably obsessive about each nature and faith. His plans for the Sagrada Familia towers concerned representing the whole thing of Catholic historical past. This mission was to grow to be his grandest legacy.
Regardless of altering palms, each architect concerned has remained true to Gaudi’s authentic plans from 1883. The unique completion date was set for 2026. Nonetheless, this has been delayed as a result of Coronavirus pandemic of 2020 – with no new finish date in sight.
Presently, all ticket gross sales are funding the completion of the mission – church buildings or the federal government don’t again it. So, whenever you go to Sagrada Familia, you’ll be financing the completion of Gaudi’s well-known landmark.
Non-public donations are additionally accepted to construct the Sagrada Familia towers additional. At any time when it’s finally accomplished, it is going to grow to be the tallest church globally.
One other of the implausible Sagrada Familia suggestions is that Gaudi was buried there in 1926, situated throughout the El Carmen Virgin chapel. Regardless of being incomplete, it’s additionally a UNESCO World Heritage Website – one other wonderful truth to tick off your bucket listing!
Is visiting the Sagrada Familia towers price it?
For those who’re asking if visiting the Sagrada Familia towers is price it throughout your subsequent journey, the reply is a convincing sure!
That’s as a result of the Basilica of the Sagrada Familia was in-built 1882. It’s a monumental church with ties to the Holy Household and was consecrated by Pope Benedict XVI in 2010.
What’s much more wonderful in regards to the Sagrada Familia is that it options breathtaking structure by Antoni Gaudi, one of many world’s most well-known architects. He pioneered a brand new period of structure known as Catalan modernism, which options free-flowing curves and natural varieties.
You’ll find 9 accomplished spires, of 18 within the authentic design, with plans for additional completion within the coming years.
See additionally: Things to Do in Barcelona: Our Barcelona Activity Guide
Ideas for visiting the Sagrada Familia
As this monument is among the hottest in Spain, and since it’s in the midst of town of Barcelona, you possibly can anticipate queues to be extraordinarily lengthy. The perfect time to go to Sagrada Familia is as early as attainable within the morning.
The Sagrada Familia opens at 9 am when queues are at their shortest. The interval between 9 to 11 am is mostly much less crowded.
Nonetheless, it’s possible you’ll need to get contained in the monument for the very best photographic alternatives later within the day. For wonderful footage, the very best time to go to Sagrada Familia is between 5-6 pm, when the solar units.
The daylight shines by way of the colorful stained glass at this hour, producing dream-like sights and pictures. It’s additionally attainable to attend night Mass at 6 pm, which comes at no cost. Right here, guests should costume and act appropriately.
Another issues to think about embody:
- Size of go to. Most vacationers need to understand how lengthy to go to Sagrada Familia towers to benefit from their journey. The beneficial time is round 2 hours, however you possibly can keep so long as meant.
- The worth. Sagrada Familia ticket price is between €33 and as much as €99 for an 8-hour guided tour that features Montserrat.
- The perfect time to go to Sagrada Familia. The Sagrada Familia hours of operation are from 9 am until 6 pm each day. Sagrada Familia’s hours of operation for Mass is 6 pm.
- Completely different sorts of tickets. You will have a special ticket to go to the Sagrada Familia towers that embody tower entry; this isn’t granted with a fundamental ticket.
- Ticket availability. Make certain to get your tickets prematurely, as tickets can typically promote out by 5 pm. It’s additionally an choice to buy online tickets to streamline the method. Search for availability and guide your tickets under:
- Further packages. Chances are you’ll discover a increased Sagrada Familia ticket price for inclusive packages, similar to a Sagrada Familia and Park Güell combination tour.
- Guided excursions for overseas guests. There are a number of guided group excursions out there in several languages. If you go to Sagrada Familia, the presently out there choices embody English, German, Italian, French, and, in fact, Spanish.
- Can I get a Sagrada Familia audio information free? You’ll find free audio guides on-line, however these can not compete with guided excursions.
- Planning your arrival. You’ll find public transport hyperlinks that may take you to go to Sagrada Familia – the L2 or L5 by way of the metro or considered one of many devoted buses, together with the 19, 33 and 34.
- What to put on. Do not forget that whenever you go to Sagrada Familia, it’s a holy place of worship. Guests want to decorate appropriately, which means that tops ought to cowl their shoulders, and shorts/skirts ought to come mid-thigh. Hats aren’t allowed on the Sagrada Familia.
- Navigating the Sagrada Familia. You need to obtain the official app to handle tickets, discover audiobooks and extra. The app prices €26 from the official web site. Nonetheless, it’s attainable to go to with out downloading the app, too.
We hope we’ve answered the query ‘is visiting the Sagrada Familia towers price it?’ The reply is sure – it’s nice to go to year-round!
You need to add Sagrada Familia to your itinerary subsequent time you go to Barcelona.
Don’t miss out in your probability to go to Sagrada Familia and its huge cultural and historic significance. Whether or not planning how lengthy to go to Sagrada Familia or discovering the Sagrada Familia ticket price worth, we hope our Sagrada Familia suggestions have made planning a lot simpler for you!
Searching for extra issues to do in Barcelona? Try the under posts: